Community Café in Ashbourne
Why eat alone?
MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Ossie’s Kitchen has been open once a month since June 2019 to address loneliness and isolation with an intergenerational social eating experience. We regularly welcome 50 to 60 Guests, including young families, joining us for a freshly cooked three course meal from food that would otherwise go to waste for suggested donation £3 per adult and £1 per child.
To meet demand we will, shortly, be opening twice a month, on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month so we need to recruit more volunteers to our friendly team.
The tasks with approximate time commitment per session include :
- Joining our food preparation and cooking team (5 to 7 hours)
- Setting up of Hall with tables & chairs etc (1 to 2 hours)
- Hospitality Team welcoming and serving our Guests
- and clearing down after the meal (2 to 3 hours)
- Pot washing (2 hours)
- Co-ordinating and accompanying Guest transport (3 – 4 Hours)
- Administration ( 1-2 hours)
For further information please come along to
A Volunteers’ Information Session 2.30pm Tuesday 10th March
St Oswald’s Church Centre, School Lane, DE6 1AN
Or call Maggie or Nigel on 01335 664159