We shall keep you informed on this page of the most recent developments which effect our parish services and events.
From Easter Sunday we shall be returning to having Holy Communion in our church buildings. See the ‘Services and Rotas’ page for more details.
Details of our online and telephone services are available by clicking the image on the right of this page.
Opening of our church buildings for private prayer from April 2021:
- Atlow: open every day 9am to 5pm
- Bradley: open on Saturdays 10am to 5pm
- Hognaston: open on Wednesday and Saturdays 10am to 5pm
- Hulland: open on Sundays and Wednesdays 9am-5pm
- Kniveton: open every day 9am to 5pm
- Sunday services in church will be suspended in the parishes of Atlow, Bradley, Hognaston and Hulland
- At Kniveton, there will continue to be two services per month (on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month). These will both be services of Morning Prayer. There will be no services of Holy Communion held in the church during this current lockdown period.
These decisions have not been taken lightly. The intention is to help prevent the spread of this more contagious version of the Covid virus, to protect each other, and also to help protect our already very stretched NHS. Where services do take place, they will be conducted in the safest possible manner.
We will keep this under constant review and will re-instate services of Holy Communion as soon as the situation improves.
The following will NOT change:
- The churches will still be open for private prayer on the days and times outlined below
- The weekly Telephone Holy Communion services on Sundays at 9.00am will continue
- The Night Prayer live streams on Facebook on Wednesday and Sunday nights at 8.45pm will also continue.
- The Rector is still at work and available should you need to call
Opening of our church buildings for private prayer:
- Atlow: open every day 9am to 4pm
- Bradley: open on Saturdays 10am to 4pm
- Hognaston: open on Wednesday and Saturdays 10am to 4pm
- Hulland: open on Sundays and Wednesdays 9am-4pm
- Kniveton: open every day 9am to 4pm
We are now running two types of Sunday services:
- 9.00am – Telephone Service
- 10.30 – Service in a church building
For details of where and when, click here.
Monday 8th June
- Government set to announce that places of worship can open from the 15th June for private prayer.
- In the light of this, we are currently making plans for our five churches to see how and when we can open them, ensuring that people who use them are kept as safe as possible. This may mean that not all of our churches will be open on the 15th. We shall keep updating this page as and when we know what the plans are.
Sunday 19th April
- Sunday Services are now held on the telephone
- Night Prayer – Wednesday and Sunday evenings at 8.45pm on Facebook
- Sunday sermons available on our website and YouTube
- Details of all of the above can be found here.
Monday 23rd March
All church buildings to remain closed until further notice.
- All Baptisms cancelled
- Weddings to be cancelled – currently unsure about timescales. Will update as soon as more info available.
- The Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) now both need to be held on or before 31st October 2020.
- Churchwardens will need to be admitted on or before 31st January 2021.
- Churchwardens who were admitted at the 2019 APCM will continue in office until 31st January 2021, unless their successor has been admitted before that date. This is subject to the usual provisions about resignations or suspensions.
- Existing Deanery Synod representatives will continue to hold that office and to be PCC members until 30th November 2020.
- New Deanery Synod members, appointed at the APCM when this eventually takes place, will take up office on 1st December 2020.
- Existing PCC members will remain in office until this year’s APCM is held and new members are appointed. Existing PCC members will cease to hold office once that APCM has finished. New members will take office immediately thereafter.
Wednesday 18th March:
- Both Lent Groups have now been cancelled.
Please continue to use your books to complete the course. If you would like to borrow the DVD – call Rev Phil
- Both Lent Groups have now been cancelled.
Tuesday 17th March:
- All APCMs and PCCs
- Monday evening prayer
- Thursday morning prayer
- Mid Day Med
- Hulland Hippos
- Messy Church