Dear Friends at Hulland Benefice
On behalf of everyone at Padley, I would like to thank you for your kind Harvest gift donation.
This contribution is invaluable in enabling us to continue delivering services to the most vulnerable in our society. This donation will be used to support the delivery of our Day Centre, the only Day Centre in Derby providing:
- somewhere warm, dry and safe for vulnerable men and women;
- to use WC;
- have a shower;
- get a nutritious cheap (free if they have no income) meal;
- get a change of clothes or wash their own clothes;
- access a dentist; a podiatrist; a hairdresser; a CPN;
- potential housing providers;
- access drug and alcohol services and when ready;
- obtain the support needed to make positive life changes.
Since the Covid pandemic began we have continued to deliver our services throughout lock down, when:-
- We provided 2 x hot meals a day to 102 people accommodated in Emergency Hostels,
- We provided over 200 Toiletry parcels
- and over 40 clothing parcels
this enabled those people who have no roof to keep safe, stay indoors and protect the NHS, as we all did the same.
We continue to redistribute food to other food banks supporting the covid response and provided items from our stores to the Central Hub, to enable their support to the “Shielding“ group, that were not available in the shops. In addition, we have supported Women’s hostels and refuge’s with sanitary products and animal sanctuaries with pet food.
Without your kind generosity our services would be sadly depleted, with it you enable significant change to be achieved in the lives of people in genuine need.
With the kindest of regards and many thanks,